Request Your Free Satellite Roof Estimate Today!
Helping you to save time and money
We offer two easy ways to receive a free, no-obligation inspection:
Using satellite technology, we can provide a measurement report and comprehensive roof quote, providing you with privacy and efficiency.
Different Types Of Roofing Materials
Three Of The Best Roofing Materials Used Today
Today, it is has become challenging for most people to choose the best roofing material for their homes since there are many options available. However, with the help of this guide, you will get to learn about three of the best roofing materials that are commonly used by homeowners today.
Moreover, this article will also discuss the advantages of each roofing material so that you can decide which roofing material would be best for your roofing project.
Types Of Roofing Materials Available In The Market
1. Metal Roofing Material
Metal has for long been used as a reliable roofing material and most homeowners nowadays seem to prefer metal roofing. That is because this material is durable and eco-friendly as well.
Another reason as to why you might want to consider this type of roofing is the fact that it is available in a variety of styles, which means you can choose the one that best suits your home.
Manufacturers commonly use metals such as lightweight steel, zinc, and aluminum to process roofing materials that look like tiles, shingles, and shakes. Copper is also used as a roofing material even though it is not commonly used because it is quite expensive.
The Pros Of Metal Roofing
- Metal roofing material is available in different styles and colors. Another reason as to why you might want to consider this type of roofing is that, the material is durable and can last serve you for an extended period of not less than fifty years. That is why homeowners are given a warranty of thirty to fifty years on metal roofing materials.
- Another benefit of choosing metal roofing for your home is that this type of roof keeps your hope cool at all times since solar radiant heat is reflected by the metal material. This also helps you reduce the cost of energy during the hot season compared to other roofing materials such as asphalt.
- Once you have metal roofing installed in your home, you will no longer have to worry about snow or ice dams when there is extreme cold. That is because metals shed off snow and rain better than any other roofing material. Besides being durable and stylish, metal roofing has a lightweight, which makes it easy to handle and install during roofing projects.
2. Asphalt Shingles
Most homes in the States are roofed using asphalt shingles. However, what you need to understand is that there are two types of this roofing material. These are the organic asphalt shingles and the fiberglass shingles. The difference between these two types of shingles is that fiberglass shingles are covered in asphalt, while the organic asphalts shingles are covered with granules.
Furthermore, you also need to be aware of the fact that organic asphalt shingles are much harder and heavier than fiberglass shingles even though they provide better stability in windy places.
The Pros Of Asphalt Shingles
- One of the advantages of using fiberglass shingles for your roofing projects is that they are affordable and can last more than twenty years in moderate climates. Furthermore, they are available in different styles and colors.
- Besides being affordable and easy to install, they are also easy to maintain and repair in case of severe damage. Moreover, fiberglass shingles are also considered to be good for fire protection since they are resistant to extreme heat.
3. Vinyl Slate Tiles
Vinyl slate tiles have been used for decades to roof booth commercial and residential buildings. The reason as to why most homeowners prefer this roofing material is because natural slate tiles are considered to be the most durable roofing material used for the roofing project. However, even though the material can last longer compared to other roofing materials, natural slate tiles are quite heavy and require additional support during installation.
The Pros Of Vinyl Slate Tiles
- One of the advantages of using vinyl slate tiles is that they have a luxurious look, which enhances the appearance of any building once they are installed. Furthermore, you also need to understand that using this roofing material is a lifetime investment since genuine slates can last of decades without having to worry about replacing any part of the roof.
- Vinyl slate tiles only require a little maintenance to serve you for a lifetime. Furthermore, you can always consider having the synthetic slate used for your roofing project since they are much lighter in terms of weight yet possess the same qualities as the natural slate tiles. Synthetic slate is manufactured in different lengths in order to make it easy for homeowners to choose the perfect size for their roofing project.
These three roofing materials are the most commonly used for the roofing project. That is because they are affordable easy to maintain and durable. Furthermore, they are also easy to find and are available in a variety of styles and colors. Want to install a new roof at your residence or commercial place? Discuss your roofing needs with expert roofing contractor near your area.