Helping you to save time and money
We offer two easy ways to receive a free, no-obligation inspection:
Using satellite technology, we can provide a measurement report and comprehensive roof quote, providing you with privacy and efficiency.
For that personal touch, Schedule an onsite visit for a roof inspection and comprehensive quote for your project.
How To Choose The Right Roofer?
At Armor Services we know that choosing the right roofer is never easy for homeowners, especially after a damaging storm when they need to choose quickly and get the roof repaired. If you are also looking for a roofer, it is important that you do not hire the services of the first contractor you come across without doing any due diligence. It is important that you choose a roofer who is professional, honest and trustworthy in order to get the job done right the first time. Here is a list of some of the important tips you should consider in order to choose the right roofer for your home.
6 Tips On Choosing The Right Roofer
- One of the most important things when it comes to choosing a roofer is that they need to have an established business and reputation in your community. So, it’s recommended to choose a local contractor. The best way to choose a local contact with is to get local referrals. Another advantage of choosing a local contractor is that they are likely to be more familiar with the local code regulations and other rules, and are also likely to have a relationship with the local suppliers and crews. In other words, they will make your life easier.
- A warranty period of five years is standard in the industry but the warranty is of no use if the company vanishes. So, make sure the roofer you are going to work with has established roots in the community and has a number of years of experience. In simple terms, they won’t simply vanish if you need to get a hold of them in the future.
- One of the most common mistakes made by homeowners when they choose a roofer is that they choose a roofer based on price and do not pay enough attention to their reputation, expertise, and experience. However, many of these homeowners soon discover that they eventually have to pay a lot more money in the long run as the cheap roofer they hired did not have enough experience or proper insurance. Research suggests that homeowners who choose a roofer solely on the basis of price ultimately have to spend a lot more money in order to fix the problems created by the cheap roofer. On the other hand, a reputable established roofing company will give you a workmanship guarantee and in case any problems arise, they will take care of those problems for free. So, never choose a roofing company only on the basis of price.
- The roofing contractor should have proper insurance for all of their employees as well as subcontractors. You should ask them for a copy of the insurance certificate and they should produce the same for validation. Any roofing company that isn’t willing to give you a copy of the insurance certificate is most likely lying and does not have proper insurance. Keep in mind that you are at risk in case the roofer does not have adequate insurance and an employee sustains an injury while working at your home. In addition, you should also check to license as most of the states require contractors to have proper licensing. However, it does not stop unlicensed contractors from trying to get roofing work. Whether your state requires it or not, ask for a copy of the license and make sure the license is valid by confirming its status online. As far as insurance is concerned, the contractor should have general liability coverage as well as workers compensation coverage.
- You should ask for detailed estimates from at least three contractors before your award the contract. Ask contractors to give everything in writing and their estimate should have all the things in detail including material, cost of labor as well as workmanship warranty among other things. The estimate should also include terms of payment. It is also recommended to never make the full payment until work is completed to your satisfaction. Also, discuss the payment details before the roofing contractor starts working on your property.
- One thing that separates professional roofers from others is that they take communication seriously. They understand the importance of keeping their clients informed at each stage of the work. Professional roofing companies will always return your calls and will provide you with all the documentation that you have asked them. It’s not easy to get work done without proper communication as communication is the key to everything. If a company isn’t communicating properly before they have started working, you can easily assume what will happen once you have awarded them the contract.
Overall, these are some of important considerations you need to take into account in order to choose the right roofing company. As mentioned above, do not choose a roofer solely on the basis of their price but pay attention to their reputation, expertise as well as number of years they have spent in the community in order to make the right choice.